Our Client is currently seeking an Accountant for a one (1) year contract.
Duration: one (1) year contract
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: October 21, 2019
• Prepare, file, and pay assigned Commodity Tax Returns: analyze returns, code and reconcile appropriate accounts, maintain records and documentation, and manage internal and external inquiries and audit requests
• Review and analyze internal systems, processes, records, and accounts to ensure compliance and effectiveness, recover over-payments, and reduce assessment risks
• Maintain relevant systems and software including SMS (Structured Management System), SAP, MS Excel, and jurisdictional on-line reporting and payment systems
• Set-up and maintain Fuel and Sales Tax rates within Husky’s in-house SMS system
• Review of customer tax set-up and ensure exemption documentation for fuel and sales tax is appropriately managed
• Assist with all internal and external compliance, communication, and reporting requirements including SOX compliance, Joint Venture audit queries, Business Continuity Plans, and Risk Management reporting
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years’ related accounting experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with reconciliation
• 3-5 years’ experience with SAP Financial
• Advanced MS Excel capabilities: Macros, Pivot Tables, and working with large volumes of data
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
• Experience with Downstream Oil & Gas
• Understanding of Fuel Tax, PST and/or GST legislation; able to read, interpret, and apply
• Experience using MS Access or other data analytics tools
If you feel this job would be a good fit for you please forward a copy of your current resume along with references to HR at Jetstream Personnel Consulting via email; email@example.com.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those we wish to interview will be contacted.