We are currently seeking an experienced Agronomist in the Paradise Hill, SK area. This would be a full time permanent position to start as soon as the right candidate is found.
– Gathers, compiles, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares and forwards progress reports.
– Ensures the application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal.
– Plans and conducts the field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under experimental protocol.
– Interacts with Management to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of marketing requirements.
– Distributes variety information and recommendations to staff and customers. Attends and participates in customer information meetings as directed.
– Assist in the promotion and recommendation seed variety services to farm customers through product knowledge and local field trials.
– Identify local weed species, and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests.
– Interpret soil and tissue tests and required, and is able to recommend best practices for soil fertility
– Understand proper method for soil or tissue testing for customers as required.
– Complies with Industry regulatory and EH& S standards.
– Performs other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations. – Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships.
– Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively.
– Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills.
– Proven ability to work independently.
– Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job.
– Minimum of two (2) years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Complete a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Clean Drivers Abstract.
If you would like to explore this challenge please forward your resume along with two work related references to Jetstream Personnel Consulting via email to Tina Burton or fax 780-875-0998.
We thank all interested candidates; however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.