Our Client is currently seeking a HSE Field Advisor for a short term contract.
Duration: May 31, 2019 with the possibility of an extension
Location: Lloydminster, SK
Schedule: 6 & 1 Rotation Schedule with LOA – Truck Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
• Safe Operations (HOIMS Element 2)
• Develop and facilitate the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices and provide in-field coaching and training to operations, maintenance and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices
• Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in areas such as
• Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior
• Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments
• Ensure that H&S systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied consistently across teams throughout the organization
• Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements
• Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
• Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes.
• Risk Assessment and Management (HOIMS Element 3)
• Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate H&S risk to the organization.
• Participate in all levels of risk analysis and provide coaching ie: JSA development, HAZOP
• Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics.
• Emergency Response ( HOIMS Element 4)
• Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
• Personnel Competency and Training (HOIMS Element 6)
• Participate in periodic audits of organizations that provide employees and services to Operations Collaborate with training coordinators to establish and maintain a Husky HS training program
• Deliver training of selected training and guidance material ie: Control of Hazardous Energy, SafeWork Permitting to operations personnel. Incident Management (HOIMS Element 7)
• Become a subject matter expert in Omnisafe, Husky’s Accident and Incident Reporting System, and perform regular data analysis to identify incident and injury trends for management discussion and action. Additionally, run regular reports to assess proper utilization of the system and become an additional resource to project team members who are required to enter incidents into Omnisafe or who are looking to extract information from the system.
• Leading, facilitating, or participating in incident investigations for commissioning, maintenance, and operations.
• Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
• Information, Documentation and Effective Communication (HOIMS Element 10)
• Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to operations personnel and the contractors.
• Communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all employees and proactively develop and promote a strong safety culture.
• Contracting Services and Materials (HOIMS Element 13)
• Participate in the contractor performance evaluation and ongoing Safety Management system audits and assessments
• Support the transition of new contractors, and liaise with contractors on site to support their success.
• Ensure contractors are in compliance with Husky policies, procedures and safe work practices
• Performance Assessment and Continuous Improvement (HOIMS Element 14)
• Contribute, as required, to the preparation of monthly and quarterly Program and Oil
• Performance Reports for Husky Senior Management ensuring data integrity and a quality product.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Canadian designation
• 50% minimum of resume that includes Owner experience
• Minimum of 7 years field experience in HSE supervisory role
• Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations
• Willing to work 6 &1 or 10 & 4 work schedules
• Resides in Alberta
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Fire Extinguisher
• Confined Space – Entry
• Fall Protection Training
• Fit Testing
• Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring
• Ground Disturbance 101
• H2S Alive
• OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10 years of industry experience in a safety related role
• 10 to 15 years of oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations
If you feel this job would be a good fit for you please forward a copy of your current resume along with references to HR at Jetstream Personnel Consulting via email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested candidates, however only those we wish to interview will be contacted.