Our client, a long-standing and positive contributor to North Battleford and area, is requiring an Administrative Manager to join their team.
The successful applicant will thrive on a busy environment having excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Target Start Date: ASAP
- Contract End Date: Jan. 31, 2024
- Location: North Battleford, SK
- Schedule: Monday – Friday (actual hours are flexible)
- Hours: Full time – 37.5 hr/week
- Compensation: $23-$25 / hr pending experience and education
- Responsible for the day to day Financial and HR operations, including accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, property control, and record keeping
- Maintain a bookkeeping system, general ledger, the accounts payable, and the accounts receivable.
- Issue charitable donations receipts
- Prepare monthly statements of revenues and expenditures, transactions, and cheques to present at the monthly meeting of the Board
- Administer payroll according to the provisions of the Saskatchewan Labour Standards and the collective agreement with CUPE Local 3077 (keeping record of holidays, sick leave, seniority, record of employment, group insurance, pension plans, Workers’ Compensation claims and other duties as required)
- Prepare year end and audit information and process tax returns
- Prepare all documents for new employees, add them to pension and group insurance plans as necessary
- Maintain financial and personnel records, documents, and the filing system
- Prepare board packages, record minutes, and keep board and executive records
- Order office supplies and forms
- Prepare annual branch costs sheets
- Certification in payroll and/or HR preferred
- Familiarity with Easypay and Sage 50 software an asset.
- 3-4 years’ experience in bookkeeping and payroll
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Good knowledge of office practice and procedures
- Familiarity with labour standards and unionized workplaces
- Familiarity government funding and administration
- Excellent analytical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a recent resume and references to Bev at Jetstream Personnel Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested candidates for their time and efforts; however, only candidates we wish to interview will be contacted.