Compensation: Range $50 – $58,000 year, 3 weeks holidays after first year, shared benefit package
The Agriculture Manager is a leadership position and part of the management team, which, led by the General Manager, oversees all the activities of the Association. This position is responsible for the planning and executing of designated Agriculture events and activities of the Association.
This community minded individual should have a well-developed understanding of the agriculture industry; 4-H background and experience in event management is an asset.
As the majority of Ag Association’s events are not during business hours the flexibility to work evenings and weekends will be a requirement. Regular Business Hours: 8:00 am – 12:00 Noon and 1:00pm to 5:00 pm daily.
Responsibilities – All Ag Related Events
- Agri-Visions Conference & Tradeshow / Progress Steer & Heifer Show & Junior Shows / Light Horse Clinics / 4-H Judging and Grooming / Rare and Exotic Sales / 4-H Horse Grooming / Ag Education / Farm Safety Day / 4-H Expo Regional Show / Fair Ag Evets / Stockade Roundup
- Liaison for Agriculture Rental Events for the Association: Production Sales / Equine Events / 4-H Events
- Liaison to contact volunteers for events working the Event Team Leader of the Event.
- Any other Agriculture event or activity as directed by the General Manager
- Develop new Agriculture programs and activities for the Association
- Provide support to signature Association events such as Tarp Sale, Chuckwagon Finals, and Bull Riding
- Maintains regular communication with the Management Team to review, evaluate and update on progress of designated events/activities including report writing.
- Work collaboratively with the Management Team and/or Committee Chairperson of each event to compose and produce Association designated events and or activities.
- Ensures events expenditures are managed within pre-approved budget
- For assigned committees: budgets / meeting agendas / sponsorship contact / document production / liaison
- Represents the Association to the community at large and at various industry functions when directed by the General Manager.
Attributes / Background
- Exceptional customer service, respect, confidential, creative and innovative
- Collaborative in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to do direct staff and volunteers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking various projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks quickly and effectively
- Strong time management, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem solves in a cooperative fashion and to successfully negotiate conflicting
- Broad understanding of the agriculture industry is essential; knowledge of livestock is an asset
- Grade 12 education with post-secondary education in event management or a related field being an asset
- Comfortable with computers to use appropriate software applications for the production of promotional materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs with an understanding of Word, Excel, and Access
- Experience with event management and coordination, non-profit exposure is an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a recent resume and cover letter to Bev at Jetstream Personnel Consulting, Lloydminster AB/SK: email@example.com.
We thank all interested candidates for their time and efforts, however only candidates we wish to interview will be contacted.